Version 9.5 (released in 2007) supports integration of non-data entities such as Stored Procedures and users definitions. It also supports Packaged Applications including Oracle—E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft Enterprise, Siebel, JD Edwards and SAP.
The company is Oracle's partner for ten years.
Few additional notes:
- The Real Time Enterprise market is a growing market due to business changes.
- The main challenge in transforming an organization to Real Time Enterprise or Near Real Time Enterprise is a business challenge: Business Processes and procedures should be changed for adopting the new concept.
For example, a manual End of Day process in a bank branch is changed dramatically.
- Technically, 24X7 database operation and real time database updates (with no or very limited Batch Window) concurrently with other database operations is a major challenge. Products like
Golden Gate's product are helpful in the addressing this challenge.
- The technology type is Capture Data Change (CDC) i.e updating in Real Time additional data sources about important changes in a data source.
- In addition to Real Time the product is used for Operational BI and MDM
- IBM has acquired in 2007 another CDC vendor DataMiror.
- No wonder that Hasan Rizvi, senior vice president of Oracle's Fusion Middleware Product Development, described the reasons for buying
Golden Gateto the press. Fusion Middleware will be enhanced by using Golden Gateproduct.